Welcome to my new website and Strong Leader Blog!
For those of you who know me, you know that I am passionate about a strengths-based approach to career and performance management. When I first took my StrengthsFinder assessment back in 2005, I had no idea of the professional and personal impact it would have on my life. Over the past seven years I have gained a level of understanding, clarity and direction that has literally changed the trajectory of my career! Aside from all the positive nuances and benefits from knowing my strengths, the following are three critical outcomes that are still beneficial to me today!
- It changed my view of myself. I gained clarity about the way God fearfully and wonderfully designed me for work. Things that once frustrated me about myself are now clear and I am affirmed and confident in my abilities as a strong leader to make valuable contributions.
- I became equipped. Now that I understand my strengths, I purposefully leverage my strengths every day. Whether it is a simple task or a complex project, a strengths-based approach to performance managementis highly energizing and motivating. I am capable of creating unique, strengths-based plans to help me deal with challenging situations or people. This natural approach to solving problems keeps me engaged so I can see the project through to completion. And then I celebrate because that’s what Achievers and Competitors do!
- I have a roadmap. Just like Mapquest provides the best route to reach my driving destination, understanding my strengths provides me with the knowledge and skill to re-engineer my work so I continue to do what I love and do best every day. As a result, I experience ongoing progress, improved engagement, and achievement of remarkable results in my work. Most importantly, I continue to benefit from a more authentic and fulfilling career.
It is my personal observation that most people are genuinely motivated to do better in their work, but often lack the insight and know-how to make that happen. Knowing and understanding your strengths is paramount to becoming a strong leader or engaging in a strong career. Equally important is knowing how to productively apply your strengths on a daily basis. And that is the purpose of this blog.
As a Coach who is hard-wired for action and results, my goal is to provide you with content (and coaching) that will challenge you to work stronger – to be more energized, more engaged, and ultimately, more effective in your work!
Now it’s your turn …
1. How much of your day is spent doing things that excite and motivate you?
2. What specific activities do you seem to enjoy most?
3. What is it about that activity that excites you?
4. How does this activity relate to your strengths?
5. What can you do to incorporate more of that strength into your everyday work?
HERE’S A BONUS! To celebrate the launch of my new website and blog, I will offer the first 10 people who submit their answers to the above questions a complementary StrengthsFinder assessment. The first 5 people will also receive a complementary strengths coaching session valued at $279. I look forward to hearing from you soon!